Thursday, April 30, 2009

So, That's That

I have finished the fifth draft! With time to spare! Actually, I finished it last night but it didn't feel right. I couldn't decide if it didn't feel right because of my sleep-deprived state or because it wasn't right. On the walk home from my bus stop about half an hour ago, I realized that I'd made a mistake in the climax scene and in a subsequent scene as well. I've fixed those mistakes, adding in about 500 Very Inspired Words. And now, I'm done. Done, do you hear? Next stop: long weekend vacation followed by two novel-free weeks! Yay me!

12 comments:

  1. 500 Very Inspired Words sounds like a Very Good Thing!!!! :)

    Enjoy your well earned break and celebrate The End!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're done. Rest your weary bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Scott! I'll miss you around the blogosphere while you're enjoying your well-earned vacation. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long did the re-write take you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm glad to hear it. I'm really eager to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick, most of the book was in pretty great shape when my agent asked for this revision, so no matter how much I whine, most of my extant prose stayed intact. This was more the addition of 11,000 words than a lot of changes. Anyway, I began this work the second week of March. I'm sure I'll have to revise some of my new work and fix mistakes I've introduced, but I've got until the end of May for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Congrats. It would be a nice feeling. I can only imagine. I'm starting all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now he's pulling the humility card. Scott Bailey, what will I ever do with you? Ha ha. And now, to adjust my monocle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, perhaps I should have said "whatever." Ah well.

    ReplyDelete