Friday, June 5, 2009

Agent Update (Really, this time)!

So, I sent my revisions to my agent two weeks ago and hadn't heard a word back from him. I wasn't actually expecting to hear anything for a couple more weeks; my agent is a busy guy, BEA was last week and he had a conference last weekend, and he's got other clients as well. It would be nice if he'd drop everything and concentrate on my ego, but that's unrealistic. But...I have been getting a certain amount of pressure from certain quarters to send Jeff an email asking if, at least, he ever got the file I sent. So last night I wrote a brief, "no pressure, just checking if you got the ms" email and send it off. This morning (something like 3:00 AM his time; does the man never sleep?) Jeff replied that he'd received the revisions and had given them to his reader for her opinion. I don't know who his reader is, but I do know that he puts a lot of stock in her opinion. Anyway, his reader "read and loved it," which is great news. My agent promises to start reading/provisional editing the ms "shortly," which is code for when he has the time, which will probably be sometime this month. And this is all fabulous news. The manuscript will hopefully be on submission to publishers sometime in July. Fingers crossed.

I am exceedingly busy at work these days, so I will likely not check back on this blog until...let's say Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. Great news! Good luck. Or break a leg, whatever works for this industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. July is so excitingly soon, Scott! I'd be very anxious. You're handing it well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slick-o! You are so right on track! I'm glad the reader liked it. I'm sure that relieves the pressure some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Congrats on hearing back. And this is further proof that agents don't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's my copy? Where's my royalty check? Gimme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting news, Scott! It is now Sunday. I hope your weekend went all right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone: Yes, it's all very exciting! I still have no idea if we'll be able to find a publisher, but I'm certainly a lot more confident now that we will. In the meanwhile, I am about a month behind schedule at work, so I shall continue to be a pretty spotty sort of blogger. If anything interesting happens with the agent, I'll mention it.

    ReplyDelete