Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chapter Thirteen, Underway

After all the dithering I've done about the middle of the novel, I have finally resumed actually writing the damned thing. That means that during lunch today I got out my pen and notebook and managed to scratch out about 700 words. So far so good, I tell myself. I seem to be on the right track again. Let's hope that continues. I am pretty sure I know the way this chapter is going to go, and how it fits into the Second Act of the book, and it all seems to be making sense. So I'll just keep writing.

4 comments:

  1. Like Dori from FINDING NEMO...just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swim swim swim swim...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your frustration is showing Mr. Bailey. Yesterday you had a "damned second act" of the "damned book" and today you have the "damned thing".

    You should be very proud of all you have done, written and thought about to make this work. God knows I'm in awe of you. If I had one tenth of your drive and ambition I would have 6 books written instead of one and a few chapters. As I tell my daughter,
    "Good job."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre in the groove, baby. Just ride it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick: I'll just keep swimming, like an EEL.

    Piedmont: Really, I just like to cuss. I used profanity in a work email yesterday. But honestly, yes: I was getting frustrated although now I'm feeling pretty good about the story. I just wish I had more time to actually write.

    Davin: Sometimes I do think I'm making it harder than it needs to be. When I find the rhythm, I don't even have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete