Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chapter Eight Continues

Current working title for this chapter: "A Trunk Full of Adders." It seems very Neil Gaimanesque somehow. Or something.

I wrote more at lunch today, about 500 words which isn't much but it's forward progress and that's all that matters. A few hundred words each day is all it really takes, you know. I believe I'm past 27,000 words now, which is nice for me.

Anyway, the story is progressing nicely: someone is dead, someone is barking mad and possibly pregnant, and someone is spying on our hero. And now I'm off to a wedding.

3 comments:

  1. Barking mad and pregnant? That sounds like a specific character whose name begins with O, I believe...how very exciting. Weddings are exciting, too. I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle: Hmm, you might be right about that character. Then again, I am taking such liberties with the story that it could be just about anyone. Wait 'til you read the "play within a play" scene! I have a totally cool and weird idea for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's not O, then I'm intrigued who it is. Everyone in the play is barking mad, so you're right about that one if you're taking that slant on things.

    ReplyDelete