Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chapter Six Finished!

wordcountometer ~= 21,000! The king has forbidden Horatio to publish his narrative nonfiction book about science, Nunc Scio Mysterium. Plus, he has to work all night. Alas, poor Horatio. I am considering calling this chapter "The Least Dog In Denmark," for a variety of reasons, mostly that I like the sound of the phrase.

In Chapter Seven, Horatio will have a chat with the Queen of Denmark while he's taking a smoke break outside. And later, you know, someone will get dead. Yay! About damned time.

6 comments:

  1. Is it sadistic of us to take such joy in killing our characters?

    In my writing today no one died, but someone got spat on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadism? No, it's just good, clean entertainment! Plus, some characters just need to be killed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting dead! I'm looking forward to the high body count at the end of Cinders. I'm glad that's not sadistic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fairy tale where nobody dies? What the hell would that be? Lame, that's what. I am very excited to hear you say "high body count." (Clearly I have deep psychological issues, and we should all be thankful that I have my art into which I can channel those issues. Yay, art!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy that excites you, Scott. For some odd reason it excites me too. Not enough people died in Monarch, and it's a spy book, so what's up with that, I don't know. I'm making up for it now with much carnage in my fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray, fantasy carnage! I'm about to end my Chapter Five with a large dose of it. I started writing this book with a primary audience of women, but now men in my reading groups are all into it.

    Yeah, massacres!

    ReplyDelete