Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chapter Nine Finished!

Yes, finished. On to the great middle section of the book. I have all sorts of ideas; we'll see how they work out. Horatio is now on a boat, bound for an island in the middle of the Oresund.

wordcount = 32,691!

I am approaching the halfway mark! Yay! I hope that the first part of this book doesn't drag; I feel like I should've arrived where I am now in the story about 12,000 words ago. But my projections were just guesses and it doesn't really matter. If the middle section is short, that might be a good thing. Like I keep saying, we'll see.

Off to make dinner.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think you should be worried about the first part of your book, you had drunken routs, murder, eels, espionage and a pregnant crazy woman.

    I think you should now be worried about middle drag. What are you going to do to keep us interested? I think you need to blow something up, or maybe have some stars fall from the sky or something to save Horatio's ass and his book. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne: The middle section is where I really play fast and loose with Mr. Shakespeare's play, and I think it's going to be a whole lot of fun. There will be all the mistaken identities, shipwrecks and stabbings one could wish for. Something blows up, but not until the final act. Hee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this sounds super exciting! You've got all sorts of things happening now that didn't happen in the other draft! It's a whole new animal! I can't wait to read it. :)

    What was for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Love that you're working with Shakespeare--what a great writing partner to have. Hooray for being done with that section. 32k is a lotta words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who can think about dinner at a time like this? Good luck Mr. Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle: We marinated chicken breasts in soy sauce and white wine with garlic, then we grilled them. Served over rice with a salad on the side. Es macht schmeck, as I believe the kids still say in Germany. Anyway, yes, this version is very different from the version you read. Hopefully, it'll be made of awesome.

    Mr. Park: Thanks for commenting! I don't know if Shakespeare would feel the same way about having me as a writing partner; I'm taking a lot of liberties with his ideas.

    Mr. Malasarn: I can think about dinner pretty much any time. Ta awfully for the luck!

    ReplyDelete