Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chapter 17 Finished!

Yay, me! I will have to type all of it up into the Word(tm) document this evening, if there's time. When I was finishing up the chapter I realized that I had one too many characters onstage, so I killed off that extra character. Seemed the easiest way to deal with him. You know my methods, Watson.

wordcountometer ~= 60,000!

One more chapter and I'm out of the dreaded middle section of this novel and it's forward into the breach once again, to enact the tragic consequences of everyone's actions thus far, kill a lot of folks and finish the book with some sort of iconic imagery. You know, the usual stuff.

7 comments:

  1. This is exciting. Congrats on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any idea how much I'm DYING to read this book? Like, almost as much as Davin's Bread book, but his I'm dying to read more because it's finished and I know it's just sitting on his hard drive and he could send it to me at any time but he's not yet. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again! I open my reader and bam! you're done with another chapter.

    I knew I was right about your speedy progress. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's what I need for the ending of my book, iconic imagery. Got any laying around you don't need?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. You're almost out of the middle. For killing, I recommend anvils. You can get them at the Acme anvil company, and they are highly accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weren't you killing someone off last time I tuned in? I may have to start implementing that into my novel. Too many characters this scene? Whack one! Mwa ha ha! It will make for a much more exciting story arc.

    Hope you've been having a grand summer. It seems while I've been off playing you've been working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weronika: Thanks! I've started the next chapter now, and I think it's going to be very cool. I have high hopes about this version.

    Michelle: Soon, honest! Though I already have two really cool ideas for things I want to do in revisions. You know how it is.

    Mayowa: Hopefully I'll find out that I haven't been racing through a piece of rubbish. We'll see.

    Anne: I'll send you something!

    Davin/Domey/Big D: What about dynamite? Acme makes that, too.

    Lois: It's a tragedy; someone's always getting whacked. The chapter I'm currently writing has no deaths in it. But after that? Oh, my.

    I've been having a swell summer. Last week, when I wasn't answering comments, we were hosting guests from NYC. We had a great time. And, you know, hard work is a swell time, too.

    ReplyDelete