Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chapter 18 Finished! Chapter 19 Underway!

Just now! Just two minutes ago! And I think, even though it might have a few rough spots that will need some smoothing during revisions, it's pretty much what I wanted. It ends a bit sooner than I thought it would, which means that the bit I had planned to end this chapter has become the first page of Chapter 19, but that's fine. I think Chapter 18 ends at the right spot:

I ran.

Run, Horatio, run.

wordcountometer = 65,213 at end of Chapter 18! 66,480 total so far!

Act IV is done! On to Act V and all the killing! There will be eels! And a bear! And explosions! And the color blue! And a quote from King John! And the Big Finish! And so much else! It will be very cool indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Well Mr. Bailey it seems you are now ahead of me in our non-race to finish. I have hit a snag, a slump, a big fat block and I am none too happy.

    However, happy for you as you have all the most wonderful things in the world to end a book. Who doesn't love the color blue and eels with murder? I say, very well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done.

    Act V sounds like FUN to write! Eels and explosions, what else can you ask for?

    Have a wonderful writing week. :)

    ReplyDelete