Monday, September 13, 2010

Chapter 21 Finished!

Francisco the bear's chapter is written. Yes, I should've been reading entries for the "Notes from Underground" contest over at the Literary Lab, but I needed to finish this chapter. I have, I think, three chapters left to write and the book will be done. The outline for the next chapter is all written, and it looks very exciting indeed! The carnage has begun! Corpses will begin to pile up in all the corners!

Anyway.

wordcountometer = 73,396!

"Francisco the Bear" was a short chapter; only about 2100 words. I expect the next two chapters to be about 3500 words each, because a lot of things happen in them. The last chapter will likely be pretty short. I may only have 23 chapters, adding whatever would be in the last chapter into the penultimate chapter so as to not have an epilogue-type thing. It will depend on how precipitously I want the book to end. We shall see. There is no way I won't finish this book by the end of the month.

12 comments:

  1. Bring on the corpses!

    Way to keep your nose to the grindstone!

    (Notice my uncommon restraint in not combining corpses and grindstones.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, because that would be really messy. I'm not cleaning that up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not so bad. You get used to it after a while.

    You just don't eat meat when you go home at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you still have meat for lunch, right? Right? When the roach coach comes by at noon and Lola rolls up the metal grill to take orders.

    "What's that smell, boys?"

    "That's death, Lola."

    "Sure, Nevets. Sure. You want a bacon burger? They's on special today. Put some meat on your bones."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am eager to read the bear scene. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos. OK. Now I'm swearing off hamburgers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not that this is a race or anything but my word count as of this morning was 75,853. Four more "days" and one epilogue or 12K words to go.

    Congrats on the carnage. I know how much you love killing people. I hope the bear makes it through to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're getting so close! And you need to go finish those entries now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scott, lunch was okay as long as there was no garlic or hot chocolate. You probably don't want to know any more than that. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara: Hey, you can see the MS when I send it out, if you're really interested. Let me know.

    Lois: Hamburgers? It's a meat process.

    Anne: It's not a race? That's good. Keep writing, though! I wrote the first pages of chapter 22 during lunch today. I'll write more on the bus ride home, I hope. My goal is 1K words/day until it's over. Not counting weekends and days spent judging contests over at the Lab, of course.

    Michelle: I'm done, already. Hey, I hear there's news regarding a certain spy novel...

    Nevets: My door is always open. My curiousity knows no bounds. My...jesusgodman, what have you done!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, since you asked, sort of, There's a stage of organ decomp that smells very garlic-like. Also, the maceration of mummified tissue, especially mummified young tissue, smells disturbingly like hot chocolate. It's been about three years since I last did think and I still cringe visibly around hot chocolate.

    And still there I days I miss the work...

    ReplyDelete