Friday, April 22, 2011

At Last: a Murder!

I know, work-in-progress updates are very cliche and dull, yet here's one anyway. I'm now 12,588 words into The Last Guest, my "everything but a detective novel, packed into a detective novel," and I have at long last produced a corpse. I should produce an excerpt for you, but now is not the time. Anyway, I'm happy enough with the the novel so far.

Structurally, for those of you who care about these things, we've moved beyond the introduction and are about to embark on the phase of the story known as The False Detective. What larks are in store! Statues and meat lockers and threats and lessons in detection from a curious foreign woman!

4 comments:

  1. Well, you have an impressive word count. Mine is still the same. Spring break was this week and Monster Child was home. However, I will rally.

    As for the curious foreign woman, I hope she's French. I love curious French women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I do so love excerpts...even though you refuse to read mine, Mr. Bailey. *wink*

    I'm glad a dead body arrived. :)

    ReplyDelete