Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chapter 10, Not Really Sanguine

Chapter 10 continues apace. I've got about 1000 words down, I think. Maybe not quite that many, but I'm moving forward and that's the job. I will say that I worry because while I know that I've got enough material here for a novel, I can't be entirely sure that I've actually got a story. This book is either going to be a fabulously cool success or a fabulous disaster. I don't see a lot of middle ground. Well, it's always fun and important to experiment and a bad day writing is still better than a good day doing most anything else. So we'll just see, in a few months, what we can see. Revisions are going to be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely positive you're capable of producing a disaster these days in your writing, but sure do hope the story ends up as something you like and can work with for revisions. I've just only begun on my next book. A mere 1'300 words. So daunting, shiny, exciting, and looming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking my novels is weird, because my judgments are all technical, sort of. They either work or they don't, and that's really all I can deal with. But I like the process.

    And you, you're in those heady early days with a new book that are so magical! I love writing the first couple of pages and thinking yes, I can work with this and knowing that you've got a real novel on your hands.

    ReplyDelete