Friday, April 12, 2013

Third Place Books, Thursday evening, April 11 2013

This is me becalming myself before the reading. Yes, that's a flask of single-malt I'm holding. I think of this as my Samuel Beckett photo.

Turnout was pretty good.

I signed a load of books, which pleased me and Third Place Books. They promise to order even more books, which I'll go back and sign. Third Place Books is incredibly author-friendly and I'm honored that my first event happened in their immense and beautiful store. I was also wise enough to use my 20% "featured author" discount to pick up copies of The Bridge Over the Neroch: And Other Works by Leonid Tsypkin, Appointment With Death by Agatha Christie, and The Tragedy of Mr Morn by Vladimir Nabokov.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a good time. That picture of me with the flask is definitely my new official author photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very dashing, Scott! I'm glad the event turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any guy looks great in a new suit. It was a fabulous time. I can't wait to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished the book. Bravo! The first half of "The Earth Doth Move" is some of the best writing, by anyone, that I've read in a long time. And the end was perfect. I'd like to offer more eloquent commentary but I'm enjoying a tall single-malt myself right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jabez, I'm very happy you liked the book! The long philosophical chapter is one of my favorite parts of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a wonderful even with great turnout! And I'm ever so grateful I could come and see you! Love that picture. :)

    ReplyDelete