Friday, December 20, 2013

Positively stuffed with lights



This morning it snowed, a rarity in Seattle. Mighty Reader pulled on her boots and photographed the house in the predawn dark. The holiday greeting text is also her work. The extra-bright Rudolph was a joint project we undertook last night. He is positively stuffed with lights.

I had promised Loren Eaton, who blogs at I Saw Lightning Fall that I'd have a story for his "Advent Ghosts" storytelling event this year. I have not written that story, because I forgot to write down the idea I had about ten days ago, and now it's lost. And then today sort of sprung itself on me by surprise. So I have no story and I've broken my promise to Loren, who is a nice guy and I feel bad. But there it is. Perhaps I'll write something for "Advent Ghosts" later today. It could happen. I am traditionally late to the party for this event anyway.

7 comments:

  1. I love the lights, Scott! And the Rudolph. It has been snowing here for the past two days. I'm tired of it already and wish it was June, but alas, I should not wish away the holidays and all that.

    I hope you have a lovely Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!

    Oddly, almost all our deep snow all washed away in a warm spell with two days of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow you see here was rained off within four hours or so. It's now back to rainy old Seattle under solid gray skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come east. Ours was rained away but now we have lots of new, fresh snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, suggested you as somebody to write an essay for an antho... You should get a letter in the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am intrigued. I will keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete