Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Because houses + moles = evil



Yes, I know, making fun of misspelled words is crass and déclassé. And yet.

Also, I report that not only are houses in my neighborhood being rid of moles, the writer in my mole-free house has stumbled upon the large conceptual frameworks for his work-in-progress. I am not claiming that the book will have a central theme, because I don't write those sorts of novels, but I do like to explore some linked ideas across the length of a narrative, and I wasn't aware what those ideas were until very recently. The use of symbolism in Russian literature is one of the ideas, the personal flaws of artists is another idea, etc. Saint Paul versus Christ is another idea. The usual sort of stuff, in other words. Etymologies of names, and some discussion of fishing. Shakespeare, of course.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope your house is mole-free. And of course there's Shakespeare in your WIP. But will there be moles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today, at lunch, I added a mole. I'm not kidding. Well, a reference to moles at least.

      Delete