Friday, May 6, 2016

"footnote stories", et al

Thomas Hübner at mytwostotinki is hosting a Bulgarian literature month readalong type of thing in June. Yesterday Thomas posted a long list of Bulgarian novels and books of poetry, available in a variety of languages. I know nothing about Bulgarian literature, so I am compelled to read a book or two. I think I'll try one in English and one in German, by the same author, if I can get my hands on the books. No, I don't know which author yet. I have all month to sort that out, right?

7 comments:

  1. i tried abebooks, my normal source: vazov "under the yoke" was only available in ebook; the constantinov was not listed... so, interesting as they sound, my surmise is that they might be difficult to get ahold of... tx anyhow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, sounds fun, except I'll be gone for over half of June...Do I have access to any Bulgarian literature? Off to investigate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting. I will look to,see if any older Bulgarian novels in translation are online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link Scott! It will be great if you and/or some of your readers could join. I will post probably tomorrow some more information on how to participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, gut! Natürlich gibt es mit mehr Leser, mehr Spass, ja?

      Delete
    2. Ich habe drei Bücher bestellt: ein aus Poems, einen Roman ubersetzt auf english, und einen Roman ubersetzt auf deutsch. Also ist mein Juni fur mich bereits geplant.

      I've picked three books: one of poetry, one novel translated into English, one translated into German. So June is all worked out for me, reading-wise.

      Delete